The 5 Love Languages: Quality Time Explained
In the last posts, we talked about the 5 Love Languages and how to find out what yours is. We also dedicated posts to physical touch, words of affirmation and acts of service. Today, the topic is quality time, one of the most abstract of them. But don’t worry! I promise to explain it as concretely as possible!
Quality time = Full attention
From the title, you can already guess: quality time is nothing but dedicating your exclusive attention to the person you love. Especially in a world full of distractions, focusing on just one person is quite difficult. However, it can be exactly what they want and value most of all.
Here are some examples of what to do to express love in this language:
- spend time together, devote exclusive attention to each other. It’s not just about being close, like lying on the couch together, one sleeping and the other watching TV, or going to a restaurant together, but using your cell phone instead of talking;
- look into each other’s eyes, listen to each other with absolute attention, understand each other’s feelings, ask questions that demonstrate empathy and understanding;
- ask how she/he feels and really care about the answer;
- share fears, yearnings, thoughts, desires and dreams freely;
- ask how she/he feels about a situation. Remember that when a person talks about a problem, they are not always looking for a solution, but perhaps for understanding;
- engage in activities for two, not in groups;
- talk to the person looking in the eyes, not doing anything else at the same time;
- do not interrupt the other person while she/he is speaking;
- plan and organize activities for two, such as hiking, picnic or a romantic dinner.
Quality time is mutual and exclusive dedication. Therefore, we could also call this language quality attention, since it is exactly the quality of it that will determine how loved your partner will feel. However, it is important that both of you really want to be spending such time together. I mean, going out with someone who’s moody and complaining is not good for anyone!
If you follow these tips, you will most likely create memories of special moments together that will never be forgotten. Demonstrate that you value every minute with her/him. It’s free and will certainly make your other half of the orange feel good.
Find someone who is just waiting to devote all his/her attention to you today at MySugardaddy!